Last Minute Trip With The Kids? Get Priority Passport Services And Be On Your Way

by erin on July 9, 2010

In order to get an expedited child passport, you must follow the proper procedures. You see, express minors passport are intended for American citizens under the age of 18 who are traveling out of the country. All minor citizens are required to carry a passport for international travel. There is a complex application process in order to obtain a passport. Also, there are certain documents you must have when applying.

You can apply for a U.S. Passport at several different types of government agencies. Applications are available at regional passport agencies, district and municipal courts, post offices, municipal courts, and municipal offices. The U.S. Passport agency has a web page that details all of the locations based on your zip code. This may be a good place to begin your search.

It is important to have your child’s identification and proof of citizenship. The application must be completely filled out. All pertinent information and documents must be provided with the application. Clear and in focus passport photos must also be submitted. There are certain guidelines that must be followed when it comes to taking a passport photo. This information is provided on the application and it is also detailed on their website.

On average, it can take four to six weeks to receive a new passport after the application has been submitted. But for an additional fee, you may also request expedited service. Expedited service through a government agency typically takes two to three weeks.

It is important to note that children cannot renew their passport. Once it expires, they must apply for a new one. And kids’ U.S. passports expire after five years. But it is possible to apply for a child’s passport online which is a much quicker and more convenient option. And for urgent requests, there is the option to pay for expedited service.

Many online companies offer services where they can get you a passport very quickly. Some offer services that will get you a new passport in less than 24 hours. There are extra fees associated with these expedited services. And before you decide to go with one of these companies it is important to check their credentials.

Reputable companies must be approved by the Department of State and be registered with the passport agency. Many of these private companies can get you a new passport within a day.

There is still an application process, so it is important to have all of your documentation in advance. You will need to provide your child’s citizenship papers and all other documents regarding their identity. This information will be provided on the website. Or you may call the company if you have any questions. You will also have to provide your child’s passport photograph.

The best online passport companies offer extra assistance with the application process. They have consultants that can also provide information on any additional travel requirements you may need to enter a particular country. When your application is submitted, they have passport specialist that can go over all of the details to assure accuracy. They will also verify all submitted information on the application. Using one of these online companies to get an urgent minors passport is quick and convenient however, it will be more expensive than normal routes.

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post:

Next post: